Monday, December 31, 2012

New Year, New Determination

Hellllloooooo family, friends, and soon-to-be friends!

I'm in Quito! I'm pretty sure I say that every other week. I'm here because we had to come early for the zone leader's counsel. There were no more tickets for Tuesday and the counsel is Wednesday, and the interprovincial buses aren't running today, so it was either yesterday or we weren't going to be a part of this counsel, and that was not an option (seeing as I'll have to give my farewell testimony (º.º) ). So here I am, saludándolos from Quito! Oh, side note: I want to ask forgiveness beforehand for my language. I will be speaking in Spanglish for some time when I get back and you'll probably not understand me for some time, but at some other time we'll be on the same page. Thank you for understanding. :D

Work is pretty normal. We're finding people here and there and most of them don't really have true intent but like to listen no más. Sometimes it's frustrating but one just has to keep going. There are more people that will listen and will act on what they learn, and I just have to find them. And so the work goes on!

I'm glad that everyone in my family is finally feeling better! Huzzah!

As you can tell, I don't really have a lot to say today. After 23 months in the mission there isn't really anything new. I'm glad that I have to be in the house at 4 today because Ecuador goes kind of crazy for New Year's. There are the año viejos from last year to be burnt and there are a whole bunch of guys that go out dressed as women, stopping traffic and unwary passers-by in order to collect some money (they're called viudas, or widows). Also, as in every part of the world, there is excessive drinking and general rowdiness, so it'll be nice to be in the house.




I hope that everyone had a most excellent Christmas and that everyone has an incredible New Year as well. Let us leave behind all that would not please our Heavenly Father and let us begin the new year with new determination to follow in the footsteps of Christ. I testify that the path which Christ walked is the path that brings the most happiness and most blessings, both in this life and in the eternities. I love you all! Have a wonderful New Year!!

Love,
Elder Schomburg

No comments:

Post a Comment