Monday, December 17, 2012

Beginning of forgiveness...

Helllloooooooo!!!

I am finally in Esmeraldas again! Yay! Well, I have been since Thursday night, but right now I'm going on a record for most consecutive time spent in Esmeraldas for Elder Schomburg. Also, I have a companion!! His name is Elder Paredes, and he's from Lima, Perú. He has 14 months in the mission and this is his first change as a zone leader, so I get to train him in the zone leader-ness. He has a very good reputation for being a very spiritual missionary, and I can tell that he is sent from Heavenly Father to help me be diligent up till the very last minute. This is going to be a wonderful change. Dare I say that this will be the best change yet? I do. I do dare.

Lately I have been struggling a lot with being able to forgive Elder Rosales for all of the lies that he told me. I still can't believe that he would tell me all of those lies, even when he had been caught red-handed, but he did. Luckily for me these past two Sundays have been based on forgiveness, and I'm learning a lot. I received some inspiration yesterday as to what I need to do to start the forgiveness process. I need to tell Elder Rosales how I feel. I haven't told him yet because I've just been angry towards him and just could not stand to see him, let alone talk with him. Now I know that in order to start to forgive him, I need to tell him exactly how I feel, but with as much love as I can. That will be rather difficult though, and not for the obvious reason. You see, he has been sent home. I was planning on writing him a letter and sending it to whatever sector he would go (for a bit it looked like he would stay in the mission), but now that he has gone, I have to wait until I end my mission to perhaps locate him on facebook or email him or something. It might take a little while, but I will find a way to forgive him. I do know that I need to pray more, and it looks like praying will be my only saving grace until I can talk with him.

Christmas dinner with President Ghent was rather wonderful. I was able to see some of my good friends that I've made here in the mission and spend time with them. I was even able to see Elder Fernelius, who is actually one of my best friends (it's weird how someone can become a best friend after he's spent such a long time driving you up a wall). I was also really able to feel the "Christmas Spirit". It was such a good feeling that it made me want to do something for my companion for Christmas, whomever that would be. I'm still not sure what I'll be doing for my companion, but I feel like I will just try to make that Christmas Eve and Christmas Day spiritual and focused on the Saviour. I plan on reading the story of Christ's birth from Lucas 2, which I absolutely love. And I will probably do what I can to decorate festively. I did make a Christmas tree today! I made it out of a cardboard box, and Elder Paredes was impressed with how it turned out (pictures will be sent, fo' sho'). Yay Christmas Spirit! This will be an excellent Christmas.

Speaking of Christmas; family! I shall be calling on the 25th of December! Prepare yerselves! I'm not sure of the hour yet, but I will let you know this coming Christmas Eve afternoon (or, in simpler terms, the afternoon of the 24th I shall inform ye). I shall call for 40 minutes, ni más ni menos! A merry time shall be had indeed!

My colon problems seem to have disappeared! (Madre, it was collonitis that I had.) Yay! I had been given some antibiotics I believe and some pills to do an intestinal cleaning, so I should be good to go (but I agree, a thourough check-up is in order upon my States-side arrival). I'm going to try to take better care of myself from now on out. I think it might be easier in the States, but I'll give it a go while I'm still here. It's never too late to start...well, that's not necessarily true with health issues, but meh, I'll start anyway.

Well, I believe that for now that is all that I have to say. I always have extra time after writing...interesting. I love you all and am grateful for each and every one of you. Let us embrace the reason for the season in this time of year, that reason being our Lord Jesus Christ's birth. Let us all be more Christlike and try to leave all worldliness behind. Let us outstretch our arms and hands to those who need us most. Let us be filled with joy because of what Christ's birth means for each and every one of us! Let us rejoice! Have a wonderful week! Oh, and thank you in advance for the packages! (I've only received one (from my immediate family) thus far, but I have faith that more will arrive in the coming days!) I love you!



Love,
Elder Schomburg

No comments:

Post a Comment