Monday, November 5, 2012

Big Migratory Trip...

They sent me to Arkansas!

Well, at least, that's the feeling that I got a couple of times while
driving on the roads here in Esmeraldas. Yep, I got my change today
and now I'm here in hot and humid Esmeraldas. It's definitely a new
chapter in my life, and I find it very exciting. I know that I've been
called here because here is where I'll be able to be diligent and help
many people come unto Christ. I know that Heavenly Father has heard my
prayers about wanting to be able to work until the end, and now He has
given me that wonderful opportunity. I'm so excited to be here in
Esmeraldas. It's kind of really hot (and today it's completely
overcast), but I'm sure that I'll come to love this city. Also, I find
it very interesting that I have been sent to the coast for what will
most probably be my last sector. I do believe that I started in the
coast. It's like I was just on a really big migratory trip or
something, but it's kinda cool.

Well...huh. I, as well as my madre, don't really have much to say. I'm
kinda hungry (I only had a bag of chips just now as my lunch and
almost no breakfast). I have to go back to Quito Wednesday afternoon
through Thursday for a zone leader council, so that'll be fun (13
hours round-trip in bus after traveling 6.5 hours today). Oh, yes, and
one of the goals that I have for the last three months in my mission
is that I want to baptize every week. I'm going to be praying a lot,
as well as studying for all of our investigators personally and
finding new people as often as time permits. It's going to be quite a
wonderful three months. I feel like I'm starting my mission from zero,
which is kind of weird but very exciting as well. Buckle up all,
because these are going to be a whirlwind three months!

Well, I love you all very much and hope that this day finds all of you
happy, healthy, and following the Lord. Have a wonderful week and I'll
let you know how awesome Esmeraldas is next week (after I relearn
Spanish (the accent here is horribly difficult even for latinos to
understand)). Love you!

Love,
Elder Schomburg

No comments:

Post a Comment