Monday, November 19, 2012

Giving Thanks!

Hi guys!

It sure is good to hear from the Schomburg family and to then be able to write to them in the same day. Yay! Today we started the day by going down to the seashore! Woo! That was pretty nifty. I really like being down there because the sound of the ocean is really peaceful and the environment inspires a thoughtful mood. I'm trying to download some photos so you can see what the Ecuadorian part of the Pacific looks like. I may have to include them in separate emails though.





This week was really amazing. Elder W. Christopher Waddell paid us a visit Tuesday and gave us a wonderful capacitation. He helped me really understand the importance of studying the Book of Mormon, praying, and attending Church in order to gain faith that will bring one to become converted. It was an amazing capacitation. I left that meeting feeling so good. I love getting to listen to our priesthood leaders. Also, Elder Waddell is huge. He's probably 6' 7" and 240 lbs, but he's basically perfectly symmetrical, or rather, perfectly proportioned. He just looks like a regular sized guy made bigger. Also, he's a really loving and caring man, and one can see that immediately when he smiles. He's a good man.

Congratulations Elizabeth on your performance in the musical! And especially good job being able to do everything with a broken toe! I'm sure that was horribly difficult, but I hear that you played the part perfectly, so it looks like nothing will stop you from getting the job done. Good job! I know that Heavenly Father helped you be able to perform as well as you did, and I'm looking forward to seeing you perform in real life. Woo! Only 2 more months and I'll see all your shows! Also, I hope you start feeling better soon! 

Smiling through the pain... ouch!

And good job to all of those who helped Elizabeth get through that weekend. I can't imagine how difficult that would have been. I don't think that I would have been able to do much without a lot of pain killers. Thank you to everyone who helped Elizabeth in her musical.

I was also thinking a bit while I was writing letters to friends how much I have changed, and the photo that my madre sent me of the beginning of my mission and now really helped me to see that difference as well. Before the mission I feel like I was kind of indecisive and kind of timid, and in that photo that kind of shows. Also, I was happy, but definitely not to the degree that I am now. Now, almost two years later, I have a lot of confidence. I know who I am and I know what I believe, and I will gladly stand up and defend what I believe and know. I'm also so much happier than I've ever been, and I know how to find and keep true happiness. It's so wonderful! I am so eternally grateful for the opportunity that my Heavenly Father and Saviour have given me to serve this mission and to become who I am now. So, so very grateful! I will do absolutely everything possible after my mission to stay strong in the Gospel because I know that by living the Gospel I have become happy and I am following Christ. I know and testify that anyone can find true, lasting happiness if they will but live the Gospel of Jesus Christ. And if you don't believe me, just look at all the evidence, especially in my family. We live the Gospel of Christ, and we are happy. So give it a go! There is nothing to lose by trying, and everything to lose by not trying.

Elder Schomburg then and now

Okay, new note, mostly directed to mi madre. Yes, I do plan on returning to BYU in August 2013, but I have to find out what Heavenly Father is planning for me. Also, if you could start figuring out what I have to do in order to apply for Army ROTC that would be wonderful. I still have to pray about that as well. And that's quite a relief that I don't have to apply until the 25th of March. That means I get to do all the talking to the student counselors and such! Woo! Let's see if we can figure something out to save my GPA...eesh.

I hope that everybody has a wonderful Thanksgiving and that they practice giving thanks all the days of the year and not just the one in which the US says that we shall give thanks. There are so many things for which to be grateful, so say that you're grateful! You'll feel better and receive even more blessings. I love you all (as is hopefully evident in the picture)! Have a wonderful week!

I LOVE YOU!
Love,
Elder Andrew Schomburg

No comments:

Post a Comment