Monday, October 22, 2012

Unexpected Feelings

Hello my friendly peoples!!

This day finds me well. Nothing to complain about at all, so that is very good. I've had a pretty tranquilo week, so that's good as well. I'm really trying to be diligent. Really, really trying. I've found that going running in the mornings helps me to get up and going and start the day off right, so that's handy. That means that I have to wake up 30 minutes early (my companion as well), but it's worth it to fight the non-diligent bug (aka Satan). If anyone else has other tips for me, they would be very welcome, especially from return missionaries.

We've been teaching a sweet little 8 year-old girl named Romina with her grandpa for awhile. Her grandpa's a member and she lives with him (her parents died when she was 1 1/2 years old). She is pilĂ­simas (really, really intelligent). She has questions that many of my adult investigators have never had, and she understands all of the concepts that we teach her very well. She's such a sweet little girl too. I really love her a lot. She get baptized this Thursday, and we're very excited about that.

We've also been teaching a gentleman named William. He is getting baptized this Saturday. He always has a ton of questions, many of which come from left field, but that's okay. We've been able to satisfactorily answer all of his questions so far, and the doubts that remained have gone away as he has read the Book of Mormon. It has been wonderful to see his conversion, and I am excited to see him take the step of baptism.

Jeffrey, I give you permission to use my suitcases. They won't be brand new, but they are still in good condition and have served me well in my mission. Hopefully they'll serve you equally well. Also, you are a lucky, lucky duck. A bicycle will be so wonderful. Do you get to drive as well? That'd be chevere as well.

So, I'm encountering feelings that I did not expect to encounter about returning home: fear and anxiety. What am I going to do? I really want to follow the prophet's counsel and get married as soon as possible, but I don't really have much in the way of job offerings until summer, and I want to (hopefully) get married before going back to BYU. Then there's the issue of student loans that I took out, and how I would continue providing for that family while in school. Also, do I find a job in Colorado and then move to Provo when school time rolls around, or do I get a job de una there in Provo and live there for an indefinite time? I just don't know, and not knowing really scares me. I know that I need to just trust that Heavenly Father will bless me, especially with my faithful service, but it's still a scary prospect. Also, how do I pay for university? I don't want to get any more into debt, but my grades are nowhere near good enough for scholarships. I have kind of thought about Army ROTC, but I really want to dedicate as much time to my family as possible, and I also kind of want to do Track again, but I'm now about as out of shape as I've ever been...so many doubts and fears. Has anyone else experienced anything similar? I would love if someone could write me some good advice about what to do. I know that praying and fasting will be number one on the list, but is there anything else? Thank you in advance for your help.

Well, I don't have too much more to say. I love you all very much and am so grateful for all of your support. I hope all of you are doing well. Keep on keeping on!

Love,
Elder Andrew Schomburg

P.S. If some desire, they can write directly to andrew.schomburg@myldsmail.net to give me advice. I won't be responding to anybody that isn't family, and even to family I will most likely respond via snail mail, but I will do my best to respond. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment