Monday, October 8, 2012

So HAPPY!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHH!!!!!

Jeffrey's going on a mission!!!! Oh wow!! That is such wonderful and incredible news! That has just made my day (and probably my week)! I am so so so very happy for him. Madre asked for a picture of my face, but my computer doesn't read my memory, sorry. Just so you know though I was smiling from ear to ear and then promptly broke out crying. I am just completely filled with joy. I could not be any happier right now than to hear that Jeffrey will be serving in the Australia Adelaide Mission. That is just...amazing. Snap. There aren't words to describe how happy I am with Jeffrey's decision to serve. I don't know why it just hit me now that he's going to be serving as a full-time mission, but it did, and I am happier than I have been in a very long time. Wow. :D Australia. Whoa! Jeffrey, you're going to come back talking like Hugh Jackman or Russell Crowe! That's awesome! Good on ya mate!! (Oh, just a side-note. I met a returned missionary while in Institute who served in Australia, and one of the dishes that he had to eat was a duck fetus still in the egg. Prepare yourself well mate haha. [I'm going to be calling you, Jeffrey, Mate from here on out.])

And Elizabeth wants to serve a mission too!! How wonderful is that! I was very excited about the prospect of 19-year-old women being able to serve, and I think I did immediately think that Elizabeth would be going on her mission in a couple of years. That's just nuts to think about though. Yay serving missions!! It's the best two years for one's life.

Okay, let's see if I can move on to other topics.(Ahhhh that's so cool that Mate's going to be serving a mission in Australia!! Woooo!) General Conference was very wonderful, especially the Sunday morning session. I especially loved President Eyring's talk about how God never hides Himself in a pavilion, but rather we create our own pavilions from our own selfish desire with which we hide ourselves and prohibit ourselves from communicating with Heavenly Father. I loved that talk. There were also quite a few parts of talks, or entire talks, that had to do with my patriarchal blessing, which I found very amazing. I am so grateful for a loving Heavenly Father who cares about the one and will help any of His children at any given time if that child will just come closer to Him. Man. I love General Conference so much. And yet again my testimony has grown concerning modern-day prophets and apostles. Watching them, one just knows that they are indeed called of God to direct His Son's Church here on earth and to guide us newly back to our heavenly abode. It's just so amazing. Woo!!

Dang, I cannot get the news of Jeffrey's call out of my head. I'm trying to find the mission boundaries, but I'm not having much luck. Moar searching!!! after I finish this letter.

Yay for healthy houseplants! One of the things that has become a desire of mine is to have my own garden. I would love that so very much. It's going to be an awesome garden, too, with a bunch of tasty vegetables and fruits. Huzzah!!

So happy!!!

Well, I really don't have much more to say. I'm just so very very happy to hear that my brother, Mate, is now going on a mission. And in March! That's a wonderful time to go on a mission. I'm so very proud of you Jeffrey!

Well, I love you all very much and am so glad to hear that all is very well in the Schomburg residence. I hope that all within the reach of this letter do their absolute best to follow in the footsteps of Christ and also to give heed to the recently spoken words of His prophets and apostles. I know that following their counsel will lead to more happiness than can possibly be imagined. I love you, and have a wonderful, splendiferous week!

Love,
Elder Andrew Schomburg (gotta differentiate now :D)

No comments:

Post a Comment