Monday, October 15, 2012

Trunky Paper?

Hello my fantastic friends and family and future friends/family! (I believe that covers everyone :D)

This week finds me happy, healthy, and well in general. Nothing to really complain about ni nada así. Something very unexpected happened today though: I received my "trunky paper". Those are the papers that I fill out and send to the mission recepcionist so that she can make my farewell packet... I am so confused because I'm pretty sure that I still have about 3 months to go.... I only have three months to go. Oh, yeah, I leave Ecuador the 28th of January, and I need to know to where I should fly in, Denver or Colorado Springs? Also, what is Dad's email address? And...well, contact information for you parent folks in my immediate family would be very helpful. Thank you for your colaboration.

We had two confirmations this weekend! Woo!! Patricio Pullupaxi was confirmed and also received the Aaronic Priesthood (along with Diego Almache), and do you remember Paúl Piñan? That guy who got baptized around 6 weeks ago? Well, he got confirmed as well!! Wooo!! He entered the chapel just as we finished confirming Patricio, so it really was a miracle. I was so happy. I am so happy! Also, we had 4 other investigators in the sacrament meeting, which was very good as well. It was a rather noisy fast and testimony meeting, and I thought for a second to stand up and bear my testimony about reverence, but I refrained. Perhaps we'll talk to the bishop about the reverence issue.

My companion and I are currently fighting to remember how to write in English. Even though we speak in English all the time, we still have to fight to remember some words and especially how to spell many words. It's kinda funny. [I didn't edit any spelling for him at all this time - it really is getting bad. haha]

I was so excited to hear about Palmer Divide dividing (bu-dum, tsh!!) into two wards now! Woo!!! That's incredible! I can't believe how much the Church is growing in sleepy little Monument. Pretty soon it'll be its own stake! The Monument Stake! That'd be pretty amazing and incredible. I can't wait to see that day.

Well, I don't think I have too terribly much more to say. This has been a pretty tranquilo week, but that's also kind of a bad thing. The whole zone needs to step things up and get back into shape. We're kind of on "coast" mode right now, but that'll change this week. We'll find more families and help many more people come unto Christ. I love all of you so very much and am so very grateful for the support that you offer me in your letters and in your prayers. Have a wonderful week and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY JEFFREY!!! WOOOO!! 19!!! I hope your birthday is ¡fantástico! I love you Mate!!

Love,
Elder Andrew Schomburg

P.S. Madre, no, there wasn't a letter for Robby in that letter packet, but I will be writing him here shortly. Also, I got a package from mi Abuelita, so thank you Grandma!! Hugs to all who can receive them, and handshakes to the rest!

No comments:

Post a Comment