Monday, February 6, 2012

February in the field...

Hello to all!

Today finds me fairly well. Not fantastic, not bad, but better than "meh", so all is well. It's been another week already, something I can't quite believe. It's true that the second year goes by faster than the first. This week was pretty good. We had to do a bit of traveling for meetings, but yesterday the sisters had a baptism and their investigator asked me to baptize him, so that was really cool. I had to baptize him on my knees again because there wasn't sufficient water to do so standing up, but he got baptized! Huzzah!! And this Saturday we have a baptism of our own lined up, so that's really cool. I'll be baptizing him, but I really wanted that Elder Miranda could have done so. It's the choice of the investigator though, seeing as it is his baptism and it's the only one he'll receive in the Church. I'm mostly just glad that he'll be getting baptized.


This week our companionship has been doing a bit better. I'm going to be trying this week to better the things in myself that I see wrong in Elder Fernelius to see if things get better. I sure hope so. Not that things are bad, but they could be better.

Snow...only one more year, I shall be frockling in that lovely Colorado snow....

This has been a week of crazy dreams, also. Most of the dreams have involved the changes that are coming (changes referring to transfers). One night I dreamt that I got "subbed" (...promoted? I think that would be the word...) to zone leader and I became Elder Lamprecht's companion (he's one of the zone leaders here). Another night I dreamt that I got transferred back to Quito as district leader still. The last transfer dream I don't remember what happened. But I've also had other dreams that are just weird and confusing. These nights have been busy for me.

I don't really have a lot to write about this week, it would appear. We watched Cars 2 as a "zone" activity (in quotation marks because only 5 from the zone showed up), and I liked the first one more. It could have something to do with the one we watched today being in Spanish, but I dunno.

There hasn't really been a pick-up in the pouch yet, but I still have faith! It will come someday!

Well, sorry for the absence of significant content in this letter. It's just been another week in the field. I've been wondering if there's something that I can do more to better magnify my calling. I feel like I try and try, but I'm at 87% capacity no más. There has to be something more that I can do. Maybe I'm not being as obedient as I can be. Maybe I can plan better, or contact more people, or put more love into the lessons...blah. I just don't know. I'll get it figured out here soon. I'll probably have to revert to the User's Manual of Life (a.k.a the Scriptures), but things will get worked out.

Well, I believe I'll close for now. I love you all very much, and I look forward to seeing all of your handwriting soon! Have a wonderful week, and make sure to keep reading the Scriptures every day, saying your prayers in every opportunity, and looking for those moments to share with a friend or complete stranger what you know is true (that's especially for you, fellow Latter-day Saints). I love you!

Love,
Elder Schomburg

No comments:

Post a Comment