Monday, June 6, 2011

Week 18.5

Hello there everyone!

So, here I am, first day of my first companion change, and I'm doing pretty well so far. Elder Huarahuara left yesterday afternoon, so I had to spend the rest of the day with the zone leaders. It was a bit weird sending him off, but it was weirder when I met my new companion and knew that I wouldn't be working with Elder Huarahuara again. Also, I received my new compaƱero today. His name is Elder Larrea. He was already in our zone, actually, so I kinda know him already. Apparently he's not the most obedient of missionaries right now, but I think that's because he's "trunky" (ready to go home and such). I'll have to make sure that I work hard and be a good example, which I'm sure that I can do. He's from Peru, and he ends his mission the first week of August. Looks like I'm gonna "kill" another missionary ("killing" a missionary is when you are their last companion and send them home). That'll make two in a row. Oh, also, I'm now el compaƱero mayor, or senior companion. For a long time I thought that I was going to be district leader too, and the zone leaders even said that they wanted me to be district leader, but Elder Buckland is now district leader, which I'm just fine with. I'll take my extra responsibility a little at a time. Oh, and I'm still in La Concordia.

There's one family in particular that you could pray for, if you felt so inclined. They're the Mera Vallejo (Mauricio and Monica) family. They're progressing very well, but they had an interview with President Sloan and he said that he needs to get permission from Elder Nash I believe to baptize them, so extra prayers for them would be good.

I'm very glad to hear that you had the missionaries over for dinner Saturday. I'm sure that they really appreciated that. Also, that's pretty cool that Elder Silva entered the field the same day as I did. But since he's state-side, I have more time, right?

I'm very glad to hear that Jeffrey and Elizabeth are all trying new things. That's pretty darn exciting. Also, no offense to Jeffrey, but it's very odd to think that he's in a choir; moreso that he volunteered to be in the choir. Also, good luck on your campout Elizabeth! I know I'm a bit late, but these things happen.

Also, please don't worry about my stomach issues. I'm doing fine now, and if I didn't have some sort of stomach issues once in awhile, I would be a freak among the North American elders. In the beginning we all have issues, and everyone gains a bit of weight from all the rice that we eat. I don't think you guys understand just how much rice we eat. Unless we make the food ourselves, there's always rice as the main part of the meal. ALWAYS. Also, "stomach problems" and "bicicleta" mean diarrhea. It's just something that happens. I'm really ding okay, don't worry please.

I'm glad to hear that you got another letter package. What was the date of the letters you received? I didn't get to send a package this week because 1) the mail office moved, and I have to find it now (they posted the address, I just have to find the time to find it), and 2) I haven't received pouch for a month now, so I didn't write many letters, only 1. I may have to send letters less frequently, maybe only the weeks that I do receive pouch. That way I'll know what to write. Also, a lot of the time I don't have much time to write letters, even on P-days. Sorry about the inconveniences. Hopefully pouch comes this week. We kinda need it, because we've been out of Books of Mormon and planners for awhile. Also, I miss hearing from all you guys, so it'd be nice to have a little pouch this week. But thus is the life of a missionary, and the work goes on!

Oh, fun story, and a first of the mission! So, Elder Rodriguez and I were on splits, and while we were contacting a lady some dogs came running around the corner of her house. Her door is fairly close to the corner of the house, so I didn't even see the dogs till they were on top of us, and I received my first dog bite from a Jack Russel mutt. It didn't break the skin or anything, but it didn't feel that great, either. I was just fine (and still am), it was just a bit shocking, and I thought I'd relate that story since Jeffrey's always asking if I've been attacked by any dogs yet. So yes, I was attacked by one dog, and I'm grateful it was the Jack Russel that bit me and not the German Sheperd that was with him.

Well, I think that's about all I have to say for this week. I'm sure I'll have more to say next week after I've had a bit to get to know Elder Larrea more and to find out what it means to be senior companion. I was horribly nervous earlier in the week, but eventually I remembered that no matter what I'm called to do, the Lord will help me through it, because for everthing that the Lord commands of me, he has already created the way to accomplish that thing. Also, in Priesthood yesterday we learned more about the Savior, so by the end of yesterday I was ready for anything. I'm still ready, and I'll keep on working hard. Even harder now, seeing as I have more responsibility. I just have to remember that I can do it.

I love you all very much, and I hope you are all doing well. Keep strong, and remember the Lord in all that you do. He will help you all, too. He's promised that he will. I will talk to you all later. Bye!

Love,
Elder Schomburg

P.S. I'm used to the jokes about my feet. People here are always amazed at how big my feet are, and they always tell me that it's impossible to buy shoes here in my size. They've been compared to clown shoes recently (last night actually). Just thought you guys would like an extra little laugh. Bye! Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment