Monday, May 16, 2011

Semana...u​h....casi mes 4....yo creo...

Hello there!

So here I am, writting again because suddenly it's Monday again! The days really do seem to be flying by, which is both good and bad. I am doing very well this day, and as always am pressed for time, so I'll write what I can.

Teaching is going pretty well. We've had some trouble with some of our investigators and the Word of Wisdom, but we're always here to help them out. That's what we're here for, after all. We lost some investigators, and we gained some new ones. We just don't know what will happen with anyone, so we just have to keep on keeping on. I seem to use that phrase a lot. Anyway, yeah. We just have to keep on working, even if there are challenges and such.

EAT THE SOUP. It's good, I promise! Dad and Jeffrey I'm fairly certain will like it. Also, you should send me the recipe so that I know what's in it haha.

Yay Elizabeth!! I'm sure that you sounded amazing with your solo and duet. I'm sure it was great fun to watch you sing, too. You can be a rather animated singer at times, and it's kinda funny.

I am kinda dying of curiosity to find out what the award is that Jeffrey's receiving. But only kinda dying. :)

Oh, before I forget, I finally got pouch again! I got stuff from the beginning of April to about early May I believe. I also got the Easter package from mi familia! Thank you so very much for all that you sent me, and thank you all who sent me letters! I do so enjoy hearing from all of you guys. I'll do my best to write back to you, but some of you might not hear from me for another month or so. I'll do my best though. (Also, madre, if you could let Michelle know that I still haven't received her birthday package to me, and that I'm fairly certain it has been lost, I would appreciate that. Thank you!)

Guinea pig is called cui down here, and I'm fairly certain I'll have it. They don't serve it on the coast or reginons thereabouts, but they do in the sierras and orrient. I'll let you know as soon as I can when I have it.

Mom, I am so very proud of you for all the hard work you've been doing. Starting up college again is quite a big deal, and so is losing 31 pounds!  You are doing such a great job, and I know that it's a blessing for trusting in your Heavenly Father and putting your life in his hands. Keep up the good work!

We had our zone conference this past Friday (oh yeah, there's a district meeting for all districts in the zone on Thursdays, and a meeting for leaders on Friday, and once a month a zone conference, so I see a lot of missionaries a lot), and it was very good, as usual. After we were mostly done with the meeting, Presidente Sloan took me aside and told me that I'm doing a fantastic job, and that he's incredibly proud of the work that I'm doing and who I'm becoming. He also said that Elder Huarahuara said that he's learned things from me, which I didn't think was possible, seeing as I'm a greeny and he only has 19 days left in his mission. That kinda shocked and humbled me. I don't know how I'm doing anything exceptionally praiseworthy or anything. All I do is work like I think I should, nothing special or anything. But now I know something for sure; I need to work harder. There's always room for improvement, and I'm sure I can find that room and fill it. I have to, because the people here are counting on me. I've gotta work hard.

Hmm. I don't quite know what else to say. I'm in good health and spirits, and I'm learning new things every day. I absolutely love the mission work, and I couldn't leave early even if you asked me super nice. I'll try to write more next week. Hopefully we'll have some baptisms this upcoming week (as in on Saturday...wow, that was a lot of prepositions). I love all of you so very very much. Thank you all for your prayers. I'm sure that they are helping me out. I'll try to send a letter package this Thursday. Let me know when you get the other two that I've sent (I think I sent two...).

Anyway, cuidase! Les amo!
Love,
Elder Schomburg

No comments:

Post a Comment