Monday, May 23, 2011

Another update from the field!

Hello all!

So, I found out how to include pictures! Turns out you just have to find a newer computer to use. So here I am, sending pictures in my emails! Hopefully they'll send. Anyway, enjoy! [He did send photos, but blogger doesn't like them.  I WILL figure out how to share them.]

This week was pretty good. We had 4 baptizms this week, which was very nice. 1 was a branch baptizm and the other 3 were investigators; Sabino, his wife Vicenta, and Sabino's mom, Santa. They are amazing, and the baptizms were amazing too. Before their baptizms they were a bit timid and nervous (except Sabino, he was just rearing to go), and Santa almost backed out at one point, but they all received their baptizms. Afterwards, they were all so very thankful for what we had done for them. They're the only ones thus far that have thanked me for baptizing them, and I could tell that they really, truly have been converted. It was rather amazing.

I'm glad you're actually getting my mail. I honestly don't remember how many packages I've sent. It's not that I'm sending tons of packages, I just don't have room for stuff like that in my head. I sent another package this Thursday, so hopefully you'll get that one too. Speaking of packages, you told me to say anything that I wanted or need. Well, I don't really need anything, I seem to be doing pretty well. Candy is always welcome (M&Ms, Twizzlers, Skittles), and so are Cliff Bars and peanut butter. I found that I really love Cliff Bars, and peanut butter is amazing on french toast, especially when made into a double-decker pb&j. And I did get the photos you sent. Thanks! I loved them.

Wow. I kinda almost feel like I don't have a lot more to say. OH. On Thursday all the missionaries in the mission are going to Quito. And what could cause such a large gathering of missionaries? It'd have to be something very important, right? Like, an apostle coming or something, right? Well, it just so happens that Elder Scott is going to be in town, and we've all been invited to hear a talk especially for us missionaries! I'm kinda excited about that. It's not every day you get to meet an apostle, after all. It's going to be a long day, because we have to travel to Quito and get there before 3, then we have the talk, and then we might have to travel back the same day. That's at least 7 hours of just traveling. But it'll be so worth it. I can't wait.

It's summer here now. I don't really like summer here so much. I don't know why your weather ticker thing says it's cooler, because it's not. It's hotter, and drier. It doesn't rain anymore, it just gets hot. Also, there are always clouds, as in mostly overcast all the time, which I don't like so much. I like seeing the sky and the sun. But alas, thus is life. I'll get over it. The short time I'm in Quito will be nice.

Now I don't know if I have any more to say, so I'll wrap things up. Sorry for the shortness, but sometimes there just isn't a lot to say. I'm so very proud of all that my siblings are doing. Congratulations on the Outstanding Junior award Jeffrey! Just look at how far you've come. From basically hating school to being outstanding at school and loving it, and really showing what you're capable of doing. Great job. And Elizabeth! I was so sad to hear that your duet and solo didn't get recorded! You'll have to find a way to sing and record yourself again, 'cause I wanna hear! Robby, keep being 8, and give Ember, Bijou, and Catalina a hug for me please. Oh, and what's dad up to these days? Anything special or anything? Okay, well, I'm gonna go now. I love you all very much. Keep staying strong, and keep doing what you're doing. I love you!

Love,
Elder Schomburg

No comments:

Post a Comment