Friday, February 18, 2011

Through A Grandma's Eyes

Well, we might not have an update from Andrew himself today, but we do have something just as sweet and touching.  This is part of an e-mail sent to me earlier this week from my mom - Elder Schomburg's maternal grandmother:
"This has always been a favorite of mine.  I never could quite figure what I saw in that little face, but it has taken 17+ years for someone to tell me what it was and Andrew said it himself.  This is a quote from the letter I received yesterday from Andrew. 
"I know I'm growing, too, because my branch president and one of my teachers have both commented on how excellent my example is to the other elders and how I am the 'Walking definition of quiet dignity.'  That really meant a lot to me when they told me that."

I don't think anyone else had the same feeling about the picture, but I've always had it. I guess it's just through a Grandma's eyes."

No comments:

Post a Comment