Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Answered Prayers

Hello all!

As I mentioned before, sometimes I hear from Elder Schomburg through letters to Michelle, so I have another experience that he passed along for me to share.

"Oh! So, this random elder that came into our classroom's building on martes, Elder Prince, had this diary of a hermana's that's in our zone that he was writing in. He's not in our zone, and he was actually supposed to leave for Benin that day but his flight was cancelled. Anyway, he asked us to drop the diary off with the hermana, and we said yes. Well, the hermana, Hermana Wright, was writing in Elder Prince's journal, and she gave it to Elder Carr to give to Elder Prince. Well, we were fairly certain we wouldn't see him again, but she still gave it to us. [Sounds like the Elder Prince and Sister/Hermana Wright had exchanged journals]  So Elder Carr and the other Elders got a bit too curious and wanted to see what was inside, but I snatched it away and carried it around for the rest of the day so no one would look at it. I knew odds of seeing Elder Prince again were very slim, so I said a little prayer asking Heavenly Father to help me get in touch with him again. I didn't see him at all the rest of the day. The next day, miercoles, Elder Gulbranson and I were studying something, and out of the blue Elder Prince and his companion show up! I didn't have the journal with me because I'd locked it up in my room, but we were able to meet up at lunch and I gave it to him then. So that just goes to show you that prayers really are answered. It was very incredible."
What a wonderful experience for Andrew to have.  How blessed we are to have the fullness of the Gospel in our lives and to understand that Heavenly Father hears and answers even the smallest of prayers.

Night all!

No comments:

Post a Comment