Friday, February 11, 2011

Last week in the States!! Woo!!!

From the sounds and feel of this letter, the adrenalin has worn off and the reality of work and study are settling in.  That will soon change again though, as he steps onto the airplane bound for the Lima Peru MTC.  It doesn't appear that we got an address update with this letter, but I will start doing some research and see if I can't track it down.  With his birthday only 19 days away, I sure would like to know where to send his greetings!

Thanks for your continued support - happy reading!

Hello there!

This is the last email that I'll be writing stateside for the next couple of years. How exciting is that?? It's pretty much blowing my mind right now. I cannot wait to get to Peru and into warmer weather. It's not as bad here in Provo as it is in Monument, but it's still cold enough. I will be loving the warm weather. Plus, the Peru MTC should be a bit nicer than here, seeing as it's newer and probably smaller. Also, word on the street is that they have a professional caterer there, so you know the food will be great. I'm really excited, if you can't tell already.

Also, I may have said that I was rooting for the Broncos to win the Super Bowl, and I honestly don't know if it was a joke on my part or if I was just being a space cadet, but anyway, I am glad that the Packers won. Booyah!! Much better than those dirty Steelers winning.

Elder Gulbranson isn't going to Peru with me. In my district, Elder Johnson and Elder Cochrane will be going to the Peru MTC. Elder Gulbranson is assigned to serve in Tampico, Mexico, along with Elder Stevenson and Elder Carr. I'm the only one that will be going to Ecuador, and I'm pretty sure I'm the only one in the entire MTC going to Ecuador. I seriously have not met anyone else who's going to Ecuador yet. That's okay though. All the more people for me to meet!

Well, the MTC is finally getting tough. Spanish is much more difficult to learn than I thought it'd be, but I don't think it's any more difficult than German. I just don't know how to study for Spanish, or really for anything. I'm getting better with that though. Hermano Harper, one of my teachers (he actually got back from his mission to Barcelona, Spain about 6 months ago), says that I speak Spanish very well though. He was very surprised to learn that I didn't take any Spanish in high school. I guess that's a good thing. I can't wait to learn more Spanish. Once I understand it more, I have a feeling that I will absolutely fall in love with it, and you can bet that I'll be learning the paso doble when I get back, just so I can reenact Buzz Lightyear's most epic dancing.

The days are starting to go by much faster now. I'm very glad for that, because the first week felt like a month. Things have calmed down now, so really it's just study, study, study day in and day out. It's definitely turning out to be the hardest thing to do yet, but I am so glad that I have the opportunity to do it.

If I haven't written you yet, or if I haven't replied to any of your letters yet, do not be dismayed! I do not mean to ignore you on purpose. I can only write letters on P-days, which are Fridays (I don't know when they'll be once I'm in Peru), and if you don't write me, I'm kind of terrible and don't remember to write you. Sorry. I'm just rather busy here. But I do appreciate all the letters that you all have been sending to me. The letters have made me one of the more "hated" in the district haha. Everyone who gets letters gets joshed around by those who don't get letters that day, but it's all in good fun. Also, I can take it, so keep sending letters!!

I really don't know if I have anything else to report for this week. Things all just seem the same every day pretty much. Things are going well, I'm staying well fed, I still have a cold, and I'm always learning something new. I guess the most important thing that I learned this week was to teach people instead of teaching lessons. Elder Gulbranson and I are starting to get better at that, but it takes work.

Well, I think that's about it for now. I'm sure I'll have more to say when I get to Peru!! Woo!! Only 5 more days!

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment