Monday, January 14, 2013

IMPORTANT INFORMATION!


G'day chaps! (I'm not sure, but I may have gone my whole mission without using that one!)

IMPORTANT INFORMATION CONCERNING FLIGHT PLANS: My plane leaves Quito at 12:30 AM Tuesday, January 29th. I arrive in Atlanta at 5:52 AM, and then leave Atlanta at 8:10 AM to arrive in Denver at 9:24 AM local time. MORE IMPORTANT TRAVEL INFORMATION: I will be hungry when I land. 

Okay, now that all of that IMPORTANT INFORMATION is out of the way, let's get down to business (...to defeat the Huns...). This week has been a good week for me. In terms of lessons it hasn't been a good week, and it actually had to start off as a horrible week, but after that things took a turn for the better. We held a companionship inventory this Tuesday during weekly planning, and I was brought to a realization that I really needed to have: I am a very prideful man. There were many things happening in our companionship that were a result of me being prideful that caused my companion to become very sad and unmotivated. I had basically been trunky and had just been moping about because of it, and I finally realized that I had sunk very, very low, to the point where I couldn't really sink any more. I was completely unmotivated to work and that just depressed me more, and I wouldn't accept help. Then I realized all of this, and things started to change. I've been studying a lot about humility lately and have come to really appreciate a very well-known scripture in the Book of Mormon.

And if men come unto me I will show unto them their aweakness. I bgive unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my cgrace is sufficient for all men that dhumble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make eweak things become strong unto them. (Ether 12:27)

The Lord already knows what our weaknesses are and is only waiting for us to allow Him to show what those weaknesses are. Once we recognize our weaknesses, we must rely upon Him 100% so that He can make those weaknesses become strengths for us. It requires one to be humble if he is to allow the Lord to work on him, and it also requires that he relies on the Atonement of Christ. I found out that I had been in this downward spiral because I had been trying to do everything alone. I wasn't allowing the Lord to help me, and because of that I didn't receive His help and ended up hurting a loved one. But thankfuly the power of the Atonement is available to all people at any moment. I am desperately trying to repent now, and I can now recognize how difficult the repentance process can be. Part of my repentance process is to work like a workhorse these next two weeks. In order to do so, I have the goal of contacting 140 people during this week. It's a feat that I've never been able to reach in my mission, but there's still time, so miracles can still be wrought. I'll have to go way outside of my comfort zone, but I'll be able to do it...if I allow the Lord to help me. I'll have to pray a lot during the day so that I may receive strength to talk to roughly 25 people per day, but I can do it. It will be done. I shall not go out without a fight. I shall not go silently into the night. I will go on. 

JEFFREY HAS HIS TEMPLE RECOMMEND!!! WOOOOO!!! That's amazing! Incredible! I get to go to the temple with my brother right when I get back! Yay!! I am stoked!! Yeah! ...Woo!

Congratulations Elizabeth for earning your Young Women's Medallion!! That's a wonderful feat to have accomplished! I am incredibly proud of you! Now keep up the hard work, and you will see blessing upon blessing for your diligence. 

Oh, and I will be writing next week, because next week is my LAST P-DAY. The week after is the week in which I will be FLYING HOME. O.O Blwaaaaaaaagggghh!! That's about all I can write to properly sum up my feelings.

Well, I believe that's all that I have for right now. I hope everyone has a wonderful week that's full of excitement and wonders and amazingfulness! I love you all! Oh, and....

HAPPY 17TH BIRTHDAY ELIZABETH!! AAAAHH!! WHY HAST THOU GROWN UP?? DIDST I NOT COMMAND THEE TO DO NO SUCH THING?? AAAAHHH!! Anyway, I hope your birthday is fantabulous and filled with friendly friends and familiar family! I love you!

Love,
Elder Schomburg

No comments:

Post a Comment