Monday, August 13, 2012

Cambios ... nope!


Hi guys!!

So, here's the news about "cambios"!..........I'm still here in Atahualpa! And with whom am I? ......Elder......Valdiviezo! Nope, no changes for us here, which makes me happy. This will only be the second time that I've had a companion more than one change, and I hope that we can make it work just fine. As usual, with a new change I've also tried to make the commitment to work out every day, but I'm currently slacking on that commitment. Any tips on how I can motivate myself to work out every day? I really want to make it a habit for life, and I know that here in my mission is where I'll set the example for who I'll be after, so I gotta get into shape (aha, get it?).

This week went by pretty quickly until the last couple days. I'm getting really tired and a bit worn out. I feel like the mission is killing my body and I've aged a good 10 years here. That could be because I'm not taking care of my body like I should be, but maybe I really am just working really hard. I'll try to work out and see if that helps.

Next week we have one baptism planned and one anticipated, so hopefully Viviana (from the Granda family) and Cristian "Mormoncito" can be baptized without any problems. The following week we have a family that will be getting baptized, the PiƱan family. They have to get married this week, but they planned it out for this Friday, so that's really amazing. I can't wait to see them married and getting ready to make that everlasting covenant with Heavenly Father.

Oh, interesting things that I saw today: 1) A 50ish-year-old man in a leather U.S. Army jacket with headphones practicing kung-fu on the train tracks by the bus station and 2) the blind leading the blind; literally one blind person using two canes leading another blind person who had his hands on the first person's shoulders. It was quite the sight. Moreover, they were making their way along very well. Both were very interesting sights.

I do not believe that Elizabeth is now going to be a junior and you cannot make me believe it unless I have physical proof saying, "Elizabeth Schomburg is a junior."

Yay for removing wisdom teeth without the need of an oral surgeon! That's actually quite surprising that Jeffrey didn't need to go to an oral surgeon, but huzzah!!

Huzzah for learning to ride bicycles! Go Robby! And yes Robby, we will definitely go on bike rides when I get back. To tell the truth, I've really been wanting to ride a bike lately...and also sprint, and do the triple jump...and go back to the track team...and such....

Well, I don't think that I have much else to say. OH. I got a package from my lovely and wonderful madre today! It was a wonderful package, and I was really excited about the music and the Captain America stickers. I was going to put the music on my flash drive today, but I forgot my flash drive in the house. Oh, speaking of memories, I need to buy another memory card to put in my camera because a part of the memory card got chipped and my camera won't read it now. Computers read it, but my camera won't, so here I go to buy another SD card! Wooooo....

I love you all and hope that you are all feeling Heavenly Father's love more. Keep doing your all to follow Him and you'll see the blessings in your lives. I love you!!

Love,
Elder Schomburg

No comments:

Post a Comment