Monday, August 6, 2012

Baptisms, baptisms, baptisms!


Hello my dear peoples!

This week was pretty darn good. There was the zone leader's conference, which is always edifying and fun, we had interviews with President Ghent, and then we had baptisms Friday and Saturday. How many baptisms did we have? Eight. I'm pretty sure we set some kind of record because no one in the ward has ever seen that many baptisms at once and the assistants told us that they can't remember seeing that many baptisms at once either. But I know that it's not because of our own strength, because there is no way that we could have done that without a lot of help. I know that because we are trying to be obedient and do Heavenly Father's will that He is blessing us. In fact, yesterday there were several people that came to the Sacrament Meeting and basically said that they wanted to be baptized, and they're people we've never seen before. We truly are seeing the hand of God at work here in Mariscal de Ayacucho.

[Because I can no longer post photos of new members, I just cropped the photos to show Elder Schomburg and his companions.]

 


And what is more, 3 of the men of the age to receive the priesthood who we baptized received the Aaronic Priesthood yesterday! It was pretty exciting, and they are all excited to be priesthood bearers now. It's just been a really good time here in the mission.

I have yet to get the package that you sent me Madre. It's possible that right before I leave I'll get it haha.

Oh hey, there's a bit of very exciting news in the mission! The 25th of August of 2012, Elder Jeffrey R. Holland of the Quorum of the Twelve will be visiting the mission. We get to receive guidance and counsel from one of the Twelve! Also, there will be a choir of missionaries, and it's very probable that I'll get to be in it! Wooooo!! I'm extremely excited and working overtime to be prepared for the conference. I know that if I'm properly prepared I'll be able to receive revelation to help guide me in my life and my mission. I'm really really really excited to see Elder Holland.

So, as my Madre tells me and as I have seen in passing in restaurants, the Olympics are in full swing, and it's kinda killing me. I love the summer Olympics, and it probably has a lot to do with my track background. Also, it's just amazing to see all of the things that the human body can do. Heavenly Father gave us marvelous abilities, and those athletes have fine-tuned those abilities to their maximum potential. It's incredible.

2009 Colorado State Boys 4A Triple Jump Champion

Well, I think that's about all that I have to say for today. Next week are changes, so we'll be seeing what happens. I love you all and hope that all is well with all!! Have a wonderful week!!

Love,

Elder Schomburg

No comments:

Post a Comment