Monday, June 4, 2012

Ecuadorians love fútbol


Hello my happy family and friends!

I am doing rather well today. I got a bit of pouch, which is always wonderful (thank you Grandma!). I also got the invitation to Jeffrey's graduation party. I'm sorry to inform you that I don't think I'll be able to attend, but I hope you'll accept my sincerest apologies for my absence. ;) The picture of Jeffrey with the tank made me laugh a bit. Mostly because of the look on his face, but also because that photo was just so...Jeffrey. Thanks for the invite!

Well, we're still plugging along. We still don't really have any investigators, and things are getting a bit more difficult because the other missionaries don't seem to have the desire to work. They go out and work a little bit, but when things aren't improving they don't show the initiative to fix those things. It's frustrating especially because it doesn't matter how many times we tell them what's going on or how to fix things, they won't do it. And now we're out of ideas of how to help them. The assistants told us to not lose hope and to just trust in God, which is definitely all that we can do now. Things will get better at some point though, I know it.

The less actives are slowly reactivating, which is very good. The difficult part is getting them to stay active though. Activating someone doesn't just mean that they start coming to Church again. It means that they start preparing to go to the temple to be sealed to their families. It means that they gain a conversion. It means that they come back and lose all desire to fall away again. And then they have to act constantly on those desires. It's difficult but it is well worth all of the effort. It's incredible to see someone come back to the fold and really start living the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

Also, our "abuela" is doing just fine. We actually just ran into her and she was going to the doctor for some rehabilitation, and in her hand was a copy of the Book of Mormon. :) She's awesome like that. It makes me so happy to see someone truly converted, to have lived Romans 6:6. It's incredible.

Congratulations to Jeffrey on starting to fill out his mission papers! That's basically the coolest thing since...well, I dunno exactly, but it's darn awesome. Keep going! You can do it!

Cultural info time! Ecuadorians love fútbol. They don't love so much when their team loses to Argentina. The eliminations are going on for the 2014 World Cup in Brazil, and Saturday Ecuador lost to Argentina 4-0. It was almost as bad as hearing that the Broncos lost to the Raiders. But we'll get 'em next time!

Well, that's all for now. I hope that all is well with everyone and that everyone is still doing all that is possible to come unto Christ. I love you all very much. ¡Chao!

Love,
Elder Schomburg
Looks like the Angel Moroni to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment