Tuesday, May 29, 2012

A Wonderful Book Review


Hello!!!

GOOOOO JEFFREY!!! WOOOOO!!! You graduated and are now free from high school forever more!! Yeah!!!!! Good job! I'm very proud and happy for you.

I'm glad to hear that Jeffrey's graduation party went well and that a fun time was had by all. I would have loved to have been there, but...I'm a couple thousand miles away. Next time! (Rather, I really hope that Jeffrey doesn't graduate from high school again, though that'd be a story, now wouldn't it?)


This week was fairly good. We still haven't found many people that are willing to listen, but we did manage to baptize our "abuela" Hilda Salazar. It was a wonderful baptismal service, and her daughter was able to fly out from Utah to see her baptism. Hilda was so very excited and happy to be able to be baptized. I definitely teared up a couple of times. I would love to include photos, but the computer doesn't want to read my memory card, so next week a photo will be included.

This week has been the same as last week in terms of teaching people. We try and try to find people, but when we set up a date to go back to see them, they're almost never there, and if something comes up and we have to set up a different date because we can't make the first one, they're still not at the second appointment. It's a tad frustrating. It'd be nice to be able to find someone new and be able to teach them, but that doesn't seem to be happening. We're going to be working with the less-active members a bit more to reactivate them and then see if they have any references. A few of the less actives with whom we've been working say that they have some people that they're working with. Now to just see if they'll let us work with them.

The attached photo is of my greatest eating "fail" for a very long time. I don't know how well you can see it, but my tie and part of my shirt are covered with syrup. Here's the story: I was eating a very lovely breakfast of pancakes and vanilla syrup. My desk was a bit crowded (I was reading some letters from awhile ago), so my plate wasn't completely on the desk. I had been doing my absolute best to not move any of the pancakes to the part that was off of the desk, but I was cutting one that got away from me and, yep, to the part off of the desk. The result was a horribly effective catapult of a whole pancake onto my tie, which promptly rolled onto my pants and onto the floor. I had to completely change, and both my companion and I laughed for a good 5 minutes. So let this experience be a lesson to all!




I have a book review to give! It's just about my favorite book in the whole world, and it's been the most helpful book to me ever. It's the Book of Mormon. Many, many people have read it before and have feelings similar to mine. It's held for good and evil in every part of the world. Many, lacking information, believe it to be written by Joseph Smith and is nothing more than one man's thoughts on religion. Many criticize it for not having correct grammar, and many say that there is no possible way that it is scripture because "the bible says there can't be any more scripture" (side note: it says that for the first time in Deuteronomy, which would mean that everything after that book in the Bible is false). I give my fervent testimony that this book, the Book of Mormon, is truly inspired of God and proves that God loves all of His children in all parts of the world. The Book of Mormon was written by ancient prophets of the Americas and "contains the fullness of the everlasting gospel". It contains the history of the people who inhabited the Americas from 600 BC to approximately 421 AD, and it's purpose is to prove to people everywhere that Jesus is the Christ. I know that Jesus is the Christ because of this book. This book has helped me more in my life than anything else. I know of its divinity not because I have read and studied it several times. I know of its divinity not because someone told me that it was inspired of God. I know because I asked God, the Eternal Father, in the name of Jesus Christ, if the Book of Mormon was true. He responded to my prayer, and I know with my whole soul that this book is inspired of Him. It does not try to replace the Bible; it complements the Bible. The Bible testifies of the Book of Mormon (Ezekiel 37:15-20), and the Book of Mormon testifies of the Bible. Without the other, neither of these books would be able to truly be the word of God (1 Corinthians 15:1). I would urge everyone to find a copy (missionaries of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints give them out for free) and put it to the test. Read a little bit and then ask God if it's true or not. And if you don't receive an answer the first time, read a bit more and ask again. Do so until you receive an answer, because it's impossible that you don't receive an answer. I promise that whosoever does this will not only find a good book, but will find the fullness of the everlasting Gospel.

I hope that you all have a wonderful week and that you are all happy, healthy, and busy! I love you!! Have a wonderful, marvellous week!

Love,
Elder Schomburg

No comments:

Post a Comment