Monday, May 7, 2012

The Refiner's fire

Hello all y'all!

I'm doing okay right now. A bit...down, or algo similar, because we currently have no investigators. Well, we have one investigator, but her baptismal date fell through because she wasn't able to attend church yesterday. But apart from her we have no one. So the logical thing would be to look for those people, ¿no cierto? Well, we've been contacting for a few days now, and we haven't had one lesson. No one wants to open the door, no one wants to listen. It's a tad depressing, but I shall keep swimming, for I know that there's someone out there who needs this message, so we just have to endure. It's tough, but the mission can't always be smiles and sunshine. I've gotta be refined here too, and that only happens with a lot of fire. So here we go, another week and another chance to learn.

Ah yes, the all-important Mother's Day phone call! So, I shall be calling this Sunday at...roughly...4 PM my time. I believe that'll be about 2 PM your time, and you should be out of church by then. If that time doesn't work, you should write me back and I'll be checking my email to see at what time will be best. I should be free at about 2:30 PM my time, so anytime after that will work well. But didn't I just talk to you guys the other day? It seems to me that these 6ish months have absolutely flown by. Snaps.

This Saturday we had a Talent Show in the stake, and us missionaries did a skit about when Nephi and his brothers go to Jerusalem to get the brass plates. However, this version had a little twist on it. In Spanish, "plates" is "planchas"; "planchas" also means "irons", as in the irons used to iron clothing...I think that was overly obvious, but oh well. The whole time we tried to make things funny, but the audience never knew that we were going to get the planchas-irons; they thought we were getting planchas-plates. So at the end we revealed that Sariah needed the planchas-irons to iron the clothes, and the audience got a kick out of it. It was really fun, and in the second picture is what we looked like.



And the other picture is a salad, as one can see, and it means that I'm trying to eat healthy now, and healthy is tasty.



Changes aren't for another 2 weeks, which basically means that they're tomorrow with the way time goes by.

So...I don't really have a lot more to say this week. Prayers would be very welcome, and any letters that anyone feels inclined to send will also be welcomed. I love you all very much, and I miss you too. I hope all are doing well and that you are feeling the presence of the Lord more in your life. Have a wonderful week!

Love,
Elder Schomburg

No comments:

Post a Comment