Monday, April 30, 2012

¿Qué tal mis queridos?

Knowing a second language comes in handy when you need to come up with a creative salutation.
I am doing rather well today. Today started out trying to be a bad day, but I decided that I didn't want it to be a bad day, and so far it hasn't been a bad day, and now I'm doing rather well. This week was an okay week. It wasn't particularly successful or anything, but we do have a progressing family right now who are very interested in the Gospel and everything, so that's good. What made this week good was that I tried my best and I accepted that what I did was what God wanted me to do, and I'm a bit happier with this attitude. I'm still working on becoming better, but I've found more strength trusting in that if I do what I can it will be what God wants of me. [His English is certainly starting to suffer! haha]

Yesterday we had our stake conference, but it was different than any other stake conference that I've had because the talks were given by Elder Nash from the Seventy, Sister Cook from the Primary Presidency, and Elders D. Todd Christofferson and Richard G. Scott of the Quorom of the Twelve. It was via satellite of course, but it was still wonderful to be able to hear from them and receive revelation directed directly at us in Ecuador. What really stuck out to me was from Elder Scott's talk in which he talked about the sacredness of women and how they truly are daughters of God and what that means to all of us. It really helped me to realize even more that women have a divine role here on earth, and that even though we are all equals and in our families the woman is neither in front of the man nor the man in front of the woman, we need to respect women as the daughters of God that they truly are. It was a really good talk.

Hey, so I have a question for my immediate family members; are you holding Family Home Evenings? If not, now would be a wonderful time to start. I know how hard it can be to see anyone from the family for any amount of time these days, and we all seem to be much too busy. Family Home Evening can be that time in which you set apart to strengthen the family, to have fun, and to be taught from on high. It doesn't have to be Monday night; it can be any night of the week. But it really is super incredibly important that you can start having Family Home Evenings now and prepare yourselves for whatever comes your way.

Uhhh...I had more to say, dangit! Sometimes the train of my thought derails and goes straight off the cliff. Okay, I guess I'll explain the picture a bit. Those are the socks of a missionary after 15 months in the mission, and those are a "good" pair of the originals that I brought from home. See guys?? I am working!! Yeah!! Oh, and in case anyone is wondering, Wigwam socks (not pictured) are the best missionary socks ever. EVER.



Oh hey, the train had just taken a wrong turn at Albuquerque. [Bugs Bunny reference] I've found that the hardest thing for me these last couple of months will be fighting trunkiness. It hit me the other day that I only have 9 months left in the mission. That's not much time at all. I basically have to turn the corner and then I'll be on the home stretch. Snap. Satan is working at me hard. I've been missing friends and family a bit more recently, and the days really are flying by. I just need to stay focused and keep trying to find people to teach and I'll be good, but man! Is it hard. Grr.

Talking about enduring to the end, you keep going Jeffrey! The end's in sight, but it's not there yet. You're in the last 20 feet, so give it one more good surge and take the gold! Yeah!!

Well, I think that's about all that I have for today. I love all of you! Don't forget to keep me updated on stuff, and that's not directed only at my family (hint hint hint). I hope you are all healthy and strong and that you're doing your absolute best to follow Christ. I love you! Have a fantastical week.

Love,
Elder Schomburg

No comments:

Post a Comment