Monday, April 23, 2012

Sunshiny day

Hello my lovelies!

And how is everyone doing on this wonderful day? I am doing well. Elder Vega and I made tacos today, and I got nice and full from them, so that makes me happy. I do so love Mexican food. Also, I'm starting to really take a liking to hot sauce, especially Olé passion fruit hot sauce, which is a hot sauce made right here in Ecuador! Yay! It's darn tasty, especially on tacos.

This week seemed to pass by kind of slowly in the first couple of days, but then it flew by, and before I knew it, it was today, and today is basically over too. I just don't know what's happening to the time. There doesn't seem to be enough of it, and what there is is gone in the blink of an eye. I'm down to single digit months until I come home! Snaps!! 9 months and I'll be back in the grand ol' United States, and I'll have no idea what to do with myself. Haha but I'll deal with that when I get to it. There's still a few days before I get there.

I really don't know if I have much to say this week. We're trying to find people to teach and we're having a bit of luck, but we definitely need to find more people. I'm still trying my best to be a good missionary, but it's taking me a bit to realize that I'll never be a perfect missionary. That part doesn't want to sink down into my head, but I'm trying to accept it. I think, after receiving a bit of advice from my wonderful madre, that I'll be trying to focus less on what I'm not doing and what I haven't developed yet to seeing how far I've come and being grateful for all of the refining that Heavenly Father has done with me. He certainly has done quite a job on me. Just think; a bit more than three years ago and I wasn't even sure if God existed. A bit more than two years ago and I didn't really have any desires to serve a mission, and I didn't really know who Christ was/is. And now I'm a champion for Christ. I am His faithful warrior, and I am doing my best to bring others to the true knowledge of who He is and what their relationship is with Him. I'm doing my best to be a good person, when I used to not even really care who I was. I'd say that God has certainly worked a miracle in my life.

So, I don't really feel like writing anything too terribly spiritual today. Además, I don't have a bunch of time. Two things that have been on my mind lately; having my own family and Mustangs. I really, really, really want both, but more so my own family, and especially a daughter. I don't know why I've been having cravings to have my own family and a daughter, but I have, and I thought I'd share that. And none of you are surprised at all that I want a Mustang, and I know why I want one; I'm a gearhead and a pure-blood American, and there isn't a car more American and more gearhead-y than the Mustang. So, yep.

Well, I'll be going for now. Oh, check out my new glasses! They have Transitions lenses, which are handy and pretty chevere. Well, I love all of you very much and am very grateful for your support. Have a wonderful and fabtabulous week, and don't forget to write! Oh, and madre, if you send a package in the future (near or far), could you please include my apron that Dad bought me? It's tricky to make guacamole and not get avocado all over the front of your pants without an apron. Thanks! I love you!




Love,
Elder Schomburg

No comments:

Post a Comment