Monday, June 25, 2012

Someone's Heart Will Be Touched


Hola to all!!

It's raining! That's kinda odd since it hasn't rained for awhile here. I would gladly send it the Colorado way if that were within my power to do so, but I don't believe that it is. Sorry guys.

I'm doing fairly well today. We got permission to watch Madagascar 3 today, and that was a pretty good movie. I miss seeing the original version of the film though and not pirated versions. Lamentably there aren't any original versions in Ecuador that I've seen, so sometimes you have to sit through a movie that has other people talking. It's a bit annoying, but thus is life.

We almost had a baptism this Saturday! We were so excited and it was basically a done deal...until the night before. Xavier Morla, who we were going to baptize, was way excited but being 12, is still under his mother's jurisdiction. And here's the deal: his mom kicked him out when he was very young (9 I believe) and doesn't have a lot to do with him. She goes over occasionally to cook, but he lives with his sister and 8 year-old cousin. A week ago he had permission from his mom to get baptized, and she just needed to sign the baptismal record. However, Friday night we went over and she had completely changed her mind. When we asked her why she didn't want Xavier to get baptized, she only said that there's no need to rush things and that she needed more time to think things over. When we asked what she needed to think over, she wouldn't give an answer, just that she needed to think more. Eventually we decided that while we were there that we should say a prayer and ask Heavenly Father what was the correct path for Xavier. Xavier said the prayer, and afterwards his mom had clearly received an answer that Xavier needed to be baptized because her complexion had completely changed. She was very calm whereas before she had been a bit frustrated. She asked Xavier a few questions, and it really looked like she was going to allow Xavier to get baptized. And then...she said that she needed to talk to her "husband" about it. She and her husband are separated and don't have a lot to do with each other and don't get along well, but she decided to ignore her answer from God and follow men. It was incredibly frustrating, especially because she clearly received an answer, and she blatantly went against that answer. Also, she won't allow us to talk to her and share the message with her, which is equally frustrating. I hope and pray that with time she can soften her heart and allow Xavier to follow Christ.

This is the last week before changes, and I honestly don't know what's going to happen. I wouldn't be surprised to find out if Heavenly Father makes me stay here another change just so that I can learn more diligence. Sure, every day I get up and go to work, but I can work better. When nobody will even try to take into account what you're saying and the members don't really have any references for you, the work gets really hard and really slow, and it's really hard to keep going. But like Bishop Jenson said, "[My] His testimony just has to be heard!" I have to speak up and let others know what I believe and perhaps someones heart will be touched.

Well, that's about all for this week. I hope everyone is doing well and that all feel happy, healthy, and the love of Heavenly Father. Keep on keeping on in whatever you are doing (unless it's something that goes against God's will; in that case, it'd be advisable to stop)! I love you all, and I will be talking with you next week! ¡Chao!

Love,
Elder Schomburg

Deep in thought... 

He's lost his mind. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment