Monday, March 5, 2012

Miracle Month...

HAI GUYS!!

So why am I so excited? Because we had 9 people come to Church yesterday! It was wonderful and so amazing! It was a miracle indeed, and I'll be recounting the story, don't you worry. And I am doing very well today. We got to watch "Tangled" again, which is definitely one of my favorite movies, and I didn't get that trunky this time! Yep, that's good. Also, the Hermanas made a caramel-corn type popcorn, and it was delicious. All in all it was a rather enjoyable day.

Okay, so, miracle time. This month has been deemed miracle month by President Ghent. The miracle is that this month every companionship will baptize at least two people. It doesn't seem like it would be a miracle, but it really is because it's never happened before. Also, there's a norm in the mission that we should do our best to show our investigators the chapel before Sunday. Well, we recently found a family of 6 (the kids only) and they have a baptismal date. We showed them the chapel on Saturday, and half of them told us that they wouldn't be able to go to church Sunday, which made us really sad. We were fasting at the time, but we were still disappointed because it looked like their baptismal date would fall through. Well, Sunday rolled around and they weren't there for the sacrament, but after that....THEY CAME!! I was so darn excited and grateful. It really was a miracle, because all of them came! So we now have 9 people with baptismal dates, because another part family (grandma, her daughter, and the granddaughter) also has a baptismal date. Woooooo!! Seriously, I couldn't be much more excited.

Also, like I had said, this is the month of miracles, and miracles require faith. I'm so excited for this month because it will be a time when my faith will grow like it has never grown before. I will have to really realize that all that I am doing is only because the Lord allows it to happen. I will really have to step aside and tell the Lord, "Okay Lord. This is Thy work. Use me as Thou will so that Thy purposes may come to pass." I know that I will end this month with more faith than I even know what to do with. I am so excited for that. When I heard what the miracle would be and that it would require works with faith, I felt something blossom in my chest, and I know that even in that moment my faith increased a ton. "I'm so excited, and I just can't hide it!"

Congratulations Elizabeth in your role in the play! That's so awesome! I know that you'll do wonderfully in your part. You guys gotta film the play for me! I wanna see it when I get back. Also, keep on working on Aaron's Camp Jeffrey! I'm so proud of you for who you've become in the time that I've been away. Also, you're not so much becoming like me as that you're really finding your own testimony and have come to a point at which you are not afraid to let people know what you know. That's something necessary to be a missionary. Keep up the good work! Madre mía! Keep working hard, and keep praying for help, and the Lord will give it to you. You most assuredly know that already, but I just thought that I'd recalcar that. The Lord will help you in all things, even the temporal things, so don't be afraid to ask!

Also, is it Robby or Dad that does the talking in the sleep? And I'm sure we've all wished that we could have a dragon head at one time or another. [It's Robby - he was shouting, "I have a dragon head" the other night in his sleep.] 

I sent off a packet of letters today, so many of you shall be receiving letters in the coming weeks. Thank you all for your support, and those that I didn't write to will be written to in the...future. I was going to say near future, and in the eternal perspective it is definitely the near future, but I can't very well say when that future will be.

Well, for now I don't think I have much more to say. I'm very grateful for all of your support, and for your prayers especially. I hope all of you have a wonderful week, and that you don't forget to search for the heavenly treasures first. The things of the world will only last for a time, and then they'll all go away. The things of heaven are eternal, and will bless you in all that you do. If you don't believe me, put my words to the test. Focus on God and on His Son, and you will see the difference in your life. I love you, and I wish you all the best until next week! ¡Chao!

Love,
Elder Schomburg

p.s. Oh, by the way, the picture of the wall is a mural that I found here that I have yet to make any sense of. I figured it was a nightclub when I first saw it, but it's a mechanic's shop. Can you guys make sense of it?

No comments:

Post a Comment