Tuesday, March 27, 2012

General Conference is a marvellous gift!

Hello my wonderful peoples!

I don't have a lot of time today (or any of the other P-days for the rest of my mission it would appear) because there's a new rule that we can only be on the internet for 30 minutes on P-days, and I still have to write to President in that time too. So here go my fingers, flying across the keyboard!

So today we went to the Basilica, a very large Catholic cathedral here in Quito. It was really cool and fairly large, and very, very cold inside, which was weird considering that it's not a particularly cold day or anything. It must be the stone structure or something. It made me feel incredibly adventuresome, and I desperately wanted to go and look at the catacombs (I know it has to have some!) but of course all of the lower levers are locked up. Oh well, someday my Indiana Jones fantasies will be made realities. I took a whole bunch of pictures too, but due to time restrictions I won't be able to download them until the next week. It was a nice tour in all, and I'm glad to have been able to go.

After the Basilica, we went to a capilla to celebrate the birthdays of some missionaries, we played Uno, Signs, Judges and Robbers, and Ninja Destruction (all the missionary games that we knew), and ate pizza. Fun was had by all.

I don't seem to have a lot of time left in the mission. I mean, I still have the greater part of a year left, but that time is rapidly passing by. It's crazy. I also want to work harder than ever right now, but it seems like there are so many things that I can do better that it's hard to know where to start. I'm trying to find things that I can do to become even more like Christ, and I'm really really way excited for the upcoming General Conference. I just know that I'll find something in one of the messages that will help me know what I can do right now to become more like Christ and to represent Him even better.

Hey, happy early birthday to Robby and Michelle!! I hope you have wonderful birthdays that are full of love, happiness, and all things wonderful!! And how lucky are you two to have your birthdays fall on General Conference weekend!! Woooo!! Not everyone gets to have prophets and apostles give their revelations to the world on his birthday. Yay!!

Everyone should watch General Conference!! Who doesn't want to hear prophets and apostles, who have been called of God to represent Him and His Son in the earth, speak to us and impart upon us the things that should be most important for the next six months?? We live in a wonderful time! God speaks to His servants now! We don't have to wander about lost, relying on our own knowledge to try to understand the will of God. We can receive this knowledge directly from His earthly mouthpieces, and we can progress spiritually! What a wonderful opportunity that we have! See lds.org for more information on how you can witness this marvellous event for yourselves!

Well, I have to go now. I love all of you, and I am so very glad for all that you all have done for me by way of supporting me, whether they be by prayers or by packages, by loving thoughts or loving notes, I'm grateful for them all and you all! Have a wonderful week!

Love,
Elder Schomburg

No comments:

Post a Comment