Monday, November 7, 2011

No time to write...

Hello! *pantpant*

So I have 8 minutes to write. Woo! I don't have a lot to report this week. This past week was kinda crazy and frustrating. We were kinda robbed again (he didn't get anything from me, but he got $5 from my companion), so we've had to be in the house by 8 every night. I think that's been lifted now, but we're still going to be careful. I have to write up a description of the guy and everything and send it to a private investigator (seeing as it was the same guy that robbed us, only without a knife this time, and it was basically on main street). Hopefully things will calm down. This week was also a week of parties and vacations in Ecuador, so proselyting was difficult. Almost nobody was home, and when we tried to contact we didn't really meet anyone promising. We did have 5 investigators come to church, but they weren't the ones with baptismal dates, so now we have no one with a baptismal date. It's a bit frustrating, but I know that if we just keep working hard and if we talk with everybody we will find those prepared ones and we will see success. We haven't been able to meet with that family from last week because they were traveling, but this week will be better, and we'll put a date with them for the 26 of November.

I was very glad to hear that my mother's surgery was a success, and that she is recouperating now. I know that all of your prayers helped her to come through okay. Thank you for all the prayers that were said on her behalf.

Oh, stuff to send! Okay, well, if you were so inclined to send things, I could really use new socks (size 15). A green tie would be nice (that's about the only color I currently don't have), I love Reese's and peanut butter....I can't really think of much else. Oh! Music is always appreciated, though it can't have romantic or distracting lyrics, it can't have a rythym or beat that takes away from the Spirit...if it says BYU (as in it's from Brigham Young University) or the Mormon Tabernacle Choir it's pretty much okay. Umm, quĂ© mas... That's about all that I can think of currently. I'll let you know latter if there's anything else.  [If you want to e-mail me and let me know if you're sending him a green tie or socks, I can let others know so he doesn't end up with 20 of each. :)]

I love you all, and I'm so glad for everything that you have done for me. Keep following Christ, and you will receive blessings. It's a promise. I love you! ¡Chao!

Love,

Elder Schomburg

No comments:

Post a Comment