Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Hey fellas and gals and everyone!

I'm really sorry that it's taken me so long to get a new post up. I don't really have an excuse except that I've been lazy about it. Also, this post probably won't be anything special or anything like that (just got back from running and I have to have lunch, shower, and get to work). I'll try harder in the future.

Since you last heard from me, several things have happened...I think. See, that's what happens when one doesn't write anything down for awhile. Anyway, I got a job shortly after my last post! I'm really grateful for that job, especially because it gives me something to do for eight hours per day. Also, I'm learning the über important skill of budgeting, 'cause I have all kinds of things that I need to do with my money and not a whole lot of money, so budgeting is a must. I really hope that I do well at it.

I'm also going to single's ward! That's really cool so far. I don't know a lot of people yet (I've only gone two Sundays), but I can feel that it's a ward with a lot of love. The bishopric especially loves the people in the ward, which makes me feel very welcome. I know that I'm going to have an amazing time with that group of people. I'm going to have to start "contacting" people though so that I can get to know them a bit more. You can't get to know a person if you don't say "hi" first. So that's what I'll do! I also have a calling in the ward as an activities counsel member. Basically I'll be planning ward and inter-ward activities like hikes, dances, etc. It should be fun, and I'm excited to get started.

I'm really anxious to get back to BYU. Not in a bad worried about going back way, but in the sense that I can't wait to get back. It's going to be a lot of fun studying again (I know, most of you don't relate the words "study" and "fun", but I do right now), and it'll be even more fun to start dating again. I'm kind of really impatient for that part, but I'll just have to learn patience because classes don't start for me until the first week of September, which is kind of far away. So I'll just spend my time preparing myself to be worthy of whomever Heavenly Father puts in my path. I was listening to the talk "Mountains to Climb" by President Eyring today, and something he said really impacted me. He said (very much paraphrased) that it's the constant doing of right things that determines our integrity. Integrity is also a key to being virtuous and, eventually, worthy of an eternal companion. So the constant doing of right things will prepare me to be someone's eternal companion. I'm glad that I have time to prepare myself even more before I jump back into the ring.

Sorry that this post has been so short and not necessarily full of insight or spirituality. I'll be working on being better, and hopefully you'll be able to see the progress. Thanks as always for your support and prayers. I hope everyone's week is fantastic and that you all can progress as well. Love you all!

Love,
Andrew

No comments:

Post a Comment