Monday, September 3, 2012

Such joy and excitement!


Hellooooo!!

My brother's going on a mission!! Wooo!! That's so very exciting! Wow! That's so cool. :D I can't wait to find out where he goes. [Jeffrey has submitted his mission papers and is awaiting his official mission call.]

Elder Schomburg 2  (Jeffrey)
One of the sweetest experiences that I've had in my mission so far happened yesterday. Diego Tigre blessed the Sacrament. That family is so amazing. I truly have never seen anyone take hold of the gospel like they've done. They don't just learn as much as they can, but they put it all into practice. They've attained a conversion so strong that it's showing in other aspects of their lives as well; they're losing weight and their house plants are flourishing. Work companions are asking why they're so happy, family members are wanting to learn more about the Church...everything is going better for them. It's so amazing what Heavenly Father and His Son have done for that family. I know with a surety the truthfulness of Alma 13:24; "For behold, angels are declaring it unto many at this time in our land; and this is for the purpose of preparing the hearts of the children of men to receive his word at the time of his coming in his glory." That family I am positive was prepared by angels to receive us and Christ's gospel. There is no other explanation for why they allowed the Atonement to work in them in such a profound way. It's incredible. I'll definitely be coming back to Ecuador to visit them someday.

I loved the message my mom sent me about the LDS volunteers filling the sandbags and doing so much work in such a short amount of time. That's pretty incredible. Good work to all who participated! I know that through acts of service we can show that we truly are disciples of Christ and we can help spread the gospel as well. Way to go!

This week was a bit rough on us because of yesterday, when we only had one investigator attend Church and one investigator dropped us. It was a bit rough, but I'm trying to keep my faith and head high. I know that all I have to do is work as hard as I can and Heavenly Father will do the rest. But the hard part is enduring. I'll just try to live a favorite motto of President Monson: "Do your duty, that is best. Leave unto the Lord the rest." That also has to do with the other goal that I have of focusing more on right now than on after the mission (again a tip of advice from my madre). That's also hard, seeing as I only have 5 months left, but I know that I can do it. I should probably pray for help to do so, now that I think of it...and so I shall!!

Well, it's time for me to go. I love all of you very much. I know that this work is true, that this Church is true, and that Jesus Christ is my Saviour and Redeemer. I know that the Atonement of Christ is infinite and eternal, and that in order to apply His atoning blood to our lives we must live His gospel. Have a wonderful week, and don't forget that I still have 5 months left! That's 5 months to receive all the pouch that you have the means to send! Haha I love you! ¡Chao!

Love,
Elder Schomburg

No comments:

Post a Comment