Monday, October 24, 2011

Ch - ch - ch - changes... (from Shrek)

Well howdies all!

So I have almost no time at all. I'm in a mall and the internet is $2 per hour, and we're also waiting for another missionary to meet up with us and such. Today is the day of changes, and it has been full of waiting. I said goodbye to Elder Papworth this afternoon as he left for his new sector, which is in the south of Quito. I'm staying in Comité, and tomorrow I'll be receiving my new companion from...the CCM! Yep, I'm training again. Imma have my second son! That's pretty exciting, and I must be doing something right to be training again. He'll most likely be another North American because there are 13 North Americans coming and 2 Brazilians coming and nada más. So yeah, that means I'll have more meetings, more learning, more of everything, which is exciting. I'm looking forward to it.

So I didn't get robbed again this week, but a 50 pound bag of some kind of flora hit me in the head and crushed my glasses, so that's a bit of a bummer. The world's a bit blurry right now, but thus is life. I can still see well enough, so I'll just have to be patient and wait until my contacts arrive. Oh, and also my camera has decided that it won't work anymore. I turn it on, the lens comes out and then goes immediately back in and the screen says, "Zoom error." Okay, really it says, "Zoomfehler" because I put the language in German, but the end result is the same: it doesn't work. So that's a bit of a bummer, but again, así es la misión.

We don't have too many investigators right now. It's kinda hard to get in the door these days, and the investigators that we do have aren't progressing at all, so we'll probably have to drop them this week. It's kind of a bummer too, but there are these times in the life of every missionary I'm sure. I know that it's a test for me and that I need to learn from this, so I'm doing my best to learn because quite frankly, I don't like not baptizing people. But one day soon we shall help more people enter the cleansing waters of baptism, and then I will be happier.

Well, I have to write to the President really quick like, so I'll be going now. I love you all, and I'm very grateful for all that you have done for me. I hope you all have a wonderful week, that all are in good health or that any procedures to help people recover their health go smoothly, and that you all keep looking for the Lord and for God in your life. I know that if you will search for Them, They will make Themselves known unto you. I love you! ¡Cuídense!

Love,
Elder Schomburg

P.S. For those who still don't know much about Latter-day Saints or the church to which we belong, the best place to start is to ask, and from there the best thing to do is to prayerfuly read the Book of Mormon. I would invite all of you to talk to a Latter-day Saint and to read the Book of Mormon. If you will do it, you will find the answers to the questions that you might not even know you have, and you will end the search that you didn't know you had begun.  [You can also visit mormon.org or lds.org for more information.]

1 comment:

  1. Zoom errors are often pretty easy fixes in my experience. Check the lens to make sure it doesn't get stuck. That's most often the problem.

    ReplyDelete