Monday, August 29, 2011

It's Monday Again!

Hello everyone!
It's Monday again! I don't know how this keeps happening, because I'm sure that yesterday was the Sunday of a week ago. Days seem to go by faster on the equator.

I don't really know what to say this week, actually. There were some frustrating times this week where there was one thing on my mind that had a firm hold of my mind. I had to do some praying to get it off of my mind, but I have something wonderful to report; God hears and answers prayers, no matter what they might be. If the prayer is for something righteous and good, it will be answered. I am very thankful that my Heavenly Father answers prayers.

We did find one new investigator this week, and I'm actually in his internet café right now. He didn't go to church though, so we have to change his date for baptism, which is a bit of a bummer, but I'm sure things will work out. Also, Fausto, the paralytic man, did make it to church, which is good, but he doesn't want to set a date for baptism until his physical condition gets better, so we have some more work to do with him to help him find faith. He says he has faith, but really...not so much. We'll keep helping him out though. Also, Dad, I sleep exceptionally well at night, thank you. I have actually never fallen asleep faster than here on my mission. At home I always had to lay in bed for at least half an hour, but here I'm hard pressed to stay in my bed 5 minutes before I'm out. Another testimony that prayers work!

This is very odd. I don't really have much to say today. I was all excited to read my weekly email from home, and I read it and everyone is still doing wonderfully and being blessed, and I'm doing good too...so, yeah. Huh. Oh, I got a bit of pouch today, so that was nice. It's odd, out in the boonies I got gobs of pouch, and I still get a bit, but it's not nearly as much. I think it might have something to do with US-Ecuador relations because the letters I do get are received sometimes a good week before I actually get them. Anyway, if you're still writing letters, thank you! I really, really do appreciate it. Keep writing please! I sent out a little package today, so hopefully you guys'll have mail in a couple of weeks.

I am so proud of my family. They are doing amazingly well right now (Mom has lost almost 62 pounds, all the kids are doing well and staying busy in school, Dad is happier than ever), and I know it's because they are doing their best to live the Gospel. The Gospel will bless your family, and that's a promise. I encourage everyone to give it a shot, because a couple more blessings in your life couldn't hurt.

Anyway, I think I've really run out of stuff to say. Sorry for the brevity of this letter. Hopefully next week I'll be able to write a bit more. Have fun, stay busy, read the scriptures every day (especially the Book of Mormon), and always remember to pray. I love you all very much, and I'll talk to you next week.

Love,
Elder Schomburg

No comments:

Post a Comment