Monday, July 18, 2011

July 18, 2011

Hello everybody!

I'm doing fairly well today. We as a trio have gotten into the swing of things a bit more, and things are going smoother. The young one is still a bit headstrong, but there's a bit of hope for improvement. I think once he realizes that we're not trying to sell the Gospel to anyone things will go better (he used to be a pesticide sales guy, so he knows how to do sales well). We all get along fairly well, but Elder Fernelius is one of those kids that was probably really popular in school because his mom is from Guayaquil so he's half Ecuadorian. He'll learn eventually, and then we'll all get along a whole lot better. But if we don't, I'll probably be gone in about 2 weeks (the first week of August is transfers), and then...I'll probably be training someone just like him. Everyone says I'm going to be getting moved up, which is very probable, but we'll see.

Santo Domingo is very much more urbanized than La Concordia. It's like Colorado Springs, but...not. It's like Colorado Springs in size I guess, though it might be a bit smaller. I don't really know. I live in an apartment, and it's fairly nice except for the lack of hot water. Yeah, showers are an adventure, that's for sure. The sector is not nearly as open or receptive as La Concordia was though. We only have 4 baptizms lined up for the next month or so, and of those only 1 is really looking like she'll make it. So that's a bit depressing, but we've just gotta keep pressing on and finding more people.

Something that I feel like I could do more is listen to the promptings of the Spirit. Rather, look for those promptings more. Maybe I could study harder, maybe I could pray harder, I dunno, I just feel like there's something else that I could do to help me feel the Spirit even stronger. I'll keep praying for that though. I think that if I could recognize the Spirit even more then we could be able to find even more people.

So, one of my ongoing battles is finding out how to copy music onto my flash drive. I have it on there, but the problem is that it's in the wrong format. I need to change it to a different format so that it can play on my speakers. That's rather annoying, seeing as I have no idea how to do that. Blah. Hopefully I'll get it figured out so that I can actually listen to my music.

I'm very very glad that you're all doing well at home. Oh, I'll be sending a letter package home today because I didn't send one on Thursday. Hopefully you'll get it soon.

Oh, I'm including some photos of me with a machete because I promised that people would see me with a machete at some time. But why do I have a machete, and why am I in a house with it? Rather, why is it in our house? Well, that I don't know, but we were cleaning the house a bit today and noticed that the freezer was ridiculously frosted over. We almost couldn't put anything in the freezer due to the amount of ice. So we tried chipping out some of it with a butter knife, but it started to bend. Next we tried a pot lid, but that is rather dented now. Then I found the machete, and now the freezer has been de-iced. Machetes work for absolutely any manual labor that you could think of, basically. They're amazing tools.





Missions are tiring. I am re-realizing that every day. I sleep so well now, and it's because we must walk 20 miles a day. Okay, maybe not...maybe yes...I don't know actually. I just know that we walk a ton. It's rather ridiculous sometimes how much we walk.

So, I don't really have much else to say. I hope you all are doing well and growing, especially spiritually. I love you all, and keep on keeping on! CuĂ­dense!

Love,
Elder Schomburg

No comments:

Post a Comment