Monday, April 11, 2011

Well hello there all y'all!

Things are going pretty well here. Today for P-day we went to a farm out in the middle of nowhere. We played fĂștbol there for awhile, and I somewhow scored the winning goal. I also managed to rip the knee of a pair of jeans, but these things happen. It was fun all the same.

So, on Saturday I baptized my first two people! That was such a wonderful experience. We didn't actually have enough water to completely fill the faunt, so I had to kneel in the water and the two people had to sit down, but by golly they received baptism! It was so amazing. Their names are Alexis (an hermano of 11 years) and Alejandra (un hermana of 17 years). We've been teaching them for awhile now, so it was amazing to finally baptize them. I was going to try to include pictures, but the computer didn't want to accept my camera. Oh well.

Oh, that reminds me, I sent a package on Friday with some letters, and I've decided I'll only be sending a letter package every 2 weeks. Also, madre, if you could email me my account balances/let me know how much I have for sending letters each week, that would be good. Oh, and pouch still hasn't come yet. I guess things have been slow at the office, and this week they should be caught up. Hopefully.

Okay, question answering time!

There isn't actually a temple in Quito, it's in Guayaquil, which isn't in my mission at all, so I probably won't know what it looks like for a very long time.
Oh, church! Well, our branch had about 60 or more people come this Sunday. That was something. It's not nearly as organized as it is in the States, and I was having an off day already, so Church kinda made me a tad frustrated. It was very nice to get the sacrament though.
I have not yet been chased by any rabid dogs. All the dogs stay away from people for the most part. I can't really describe where I'm serving. It's not rich at all. Houses are cement buildings with tin roofs, there's a lot of dirt roads, and the city part is small and noisy as all get out.
The juice here is fantastic. They all have different looks, but they all taste really good. And they really just look like juice.
I don't have a lot more time, sorry! I walk, every day seems really hard, but at the end it seems rewarding (except when I get a pang of homesickness, and then I have to pray and just keep going). If I needed anything it might be vitamins and more food (I seem to always be hungry). Hmm....I'm living in an apartment that's on the 4th floor (no elevator) and is on main street right by where the buses stop. But I fall asleep quick every night.

Okay, I have to go now. I love you all! My testimony grows every day, and I hope yours does too! Keep sending letters if you are! I'm bound to get them one of these days. I love you all. Bye!

Elder Schomburg

No comments:

Post a Comment