Monday, December 26, 2011

Merry Day After

Hello my wonderful Wonderfuls!
Merry Christmas! Well, rather, merry post-Christmas! I hope that everyone had a wonderful day full of many happies and much joy, and that everyone was able to feel the love of the Saviour and of the Father yesterday.
So my Christmas was pretty good. We went to Church and the Primary had their end-of-the-year program, then we went to the house of the district's second counselor (a gringo who hails from Colorado!) and had a wonderful lunch. Then we went to another lunch at another member's house, and after that I just didn't want to look at food anymore. We were supposed to have two dinners that night too, but that didn't end up happening, which I was very okay with. After we got home that night I opened the pouch that I had received from the grandparents (on both sides), and I can honestly say that I have never been so excited to receive socks as I was yesterday. And boy do they feel good! Thank you Grandma Ruth and Grandpa Ted! Oh, also, I received something that was both wonderful and heartbreaking at the same time: an issue of Automobile Magazine that included a battle of all of the world's top supercars...and I can't read it for a year. I have a picture that better displays my emotions upon finding the magazine, but that will have to wait till next week because my computer doesn't have a port for an SD card. I would absolutely love to read the magazine, but as missionaries we're only allowed to read the Scriptures, the magazines put out by the Church, a handful of books by the Church, and that's it. Automobile Magazine is not in the approved missionary library, so I shall be waiting until I am back in the States to see if the new McLaren can beat the new Ferrari.
Also, thank you Grandma (Judy) for the lovely calendar and Christmas ornament, and for the lovely foodstuffs. I will be thoroughly enjoying all of those things. Oh, and yes, I was able to get a new camera, and it is lovely! I got a Sony SteadyShot DSC-W350, and I have been filling up my memory card little by little. Thank you to my wonderful family for such a wonderful gift! I'll make sure that at some point you see the fruits of the camera! Next week hopefully! Also, the sardines in the first box from my family did end up exploding and covering everything in the box, but I was able to save everything minus the sardines. I have yet to eat anything from the box though because I just haven't been that hungry, but that might change tonight. Thank you all! Also, more pouch should be coming this week...or the next week...or the week after that...I'll get whatever else it is that everyone sent sooner or later! A premeditated thank you to all!
I was sorry to hear about the passing of my cousin. I only met him a few times, and only really had the opportunity to talk to him once, but he was a good, funny, happy man. I know that now he has the opportunity to hear the Gospel and accept it as he waits for the Second Coming of Christ. He's not gone, not by a long shot. His physical body may have died, but even that is only temporary. When Christ was resurrected on the third day, He overcame physical death for all of us, and we will all be resurrected to be judged before Christ. Were it not so, we would never be able to receive a judgment, and we would never be able to live with our Heavenly Father again. If Christ had not come to earth, the end of our physical lives would also end any opportunity that we had to return to God's presence. But I testify that we all have that wonderful opportunity! God did not allow us to come here and never be able to return to His presence. He gave us the way in Christ, and Christ was resurrected so that we all too would receive immortal bodies and be able to live with God again. He has not gone away forever. He has gone on to a place in which he can learn about the plan of God for him, to learn that he will be resurrected as well to come before the judgment bar of Christ, and that we will see him again. He has not yet received his judgment because Christ has yet to come again.  So while it is sad that we don't get to see him for now, I know that his spirit still lives, that his spirit and his body will be reunited again, never to be separated again, and that he is receiving all of the lessons and instructions he needs to make his decision about whether he will follow Christ or not. I testify of these things as a representative of Jesus Christ, and I know without a doubt that they are true because God has made them manifest to me, and I do so in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.
Elder Schomburg has asked that I include the following links:
Well, we'll be looking at a new apartment tomorrow and hopefully we'll sign on it tomorrow too. I really hope we get it because it's probably three times bigger than our current one, and there will always be water (huzzah!!). Also, in response to the question of whether I need more clothes; I'm doing well so far. Some of my white shirts are starting to experience some discolouring and basically all of my pants have had some minor snags, but they're all still in relatively good repair. Maybe the only thing that would be nice would be new baptismal pants in a size 36 waist, 34 inseam. The mission makes you gain weight if you don't workout every single day. But apart from that all is well. When I get home I'll probably be getting all new garments as well, but they're still good for now.
Well, I think that's all that I have to say for today. I love you all and I am very thankful for all of you. Please keep staying strong, and don't be afraid to learn more! Don't be afraid to ask if you have questions, and always be courteous about other's beliefs. I love you all and I will talk to you next week. ¡Chao!

Love,
Elder Schomburg

No comments:

Post a Comment