Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Jesus was a ninja...

Hello there! 
So, I was going to try to attach pictures, but it turns out that that's much too complicated for the amount of time that I have here, so no pictures for you! Sorry!
Okay, answering time! All norteamericanos are in districts together, and we have class with our districts, so that helps us out a lot. I'll actually be getting a new companion today because everyone except Elder Hatch, Elder Sims, and I left for their missions. We were the only three in the CCM that had only been here for 3 weeks (out of the norteamericanos), and the Latinos are only here for 3 weeks. So now we're the advonzados! I'll leave you guys to find out what that means. ;) My room sheet says that my companion is Elder Iza from Ecuador, so that's exciting. I'll get to here all kinds of stories about what Ecuador is like. That'll be awesome.

I don't know my Ecuador address at this moment. I have a letter that says it, and I think I sent it in a letter to Michelle, but I don't have it on me yet. I'll send it in my next email so that you guys have it, because as of next Wednesday (1 week), you'll have to send letters to that address.

Oh, I have been getting letters and packages from all of you! Thank you! The letters take about 8 days to get here, 6 if I'm lucky. And I have received Grandma Ruth and madre's packages. Grandma's still hasn't arrived yet, so no lo se donde. I sent a letter to you guys on Monday (oh, that's the only day I can send letters...sorry for not telling you that. Oh, also, I can only send 3 letters per week), so let me know when you guys receive it please. The address I last sent you was way wrong, so don't use that one. Whichever one you have been using, use that one. I regularly get letters from the Johnson family, and from Grandma, and from you (madre and family), so those ones for sure work.

I honestly don't know about my favorite scripture this week. There was one that I read, last versiculo of capítulo 8 in John (I think) that gave me the thought that Jesus was a ninja, which is a very silly thought, but several times in the scriptures it talks about people trying to get Jesus, and he just disappears into the crowd, so he's obviously a ninja of sorts.

P-day is pretty relaxed. We go to the temple, do laundry in the laundry machines on each floor (there are 8 each washers/dryers), do a little shopping, come back and read scriptures or write letters, then after dinner we have a little bit of class time, but that's really all.

Okay, most spiritual experience. Last night we were watching a movie about the life of Thomas S. Monson, and I made a decision; I want to live my life in such a way that I will be worthy to be called as an apostle. It was amazing to see how many people President Monson helped, and all of the experiences that he had, and they were all because he lived his life as righteously as he could. He was also an amazing father and husband, two things that I desperately want to be the best at when I return. So I have decided that I will do my best to live the gospel as fully as I know how, and to work my hardest, so that if Heavenly Father is ever in need of an apostle to do his work, I will be worthy of being considered.

Now on to other things! I don't really need anything I don't think. Maybe a multivitamin of sorts...oh, and pictures! People ask if I have pictures of my family, and I don't! What's up with that guys?? Just kidding! But pictures would be nice. Pictures of anyone, actually!
*Just as a note - we have sent several photos and I'm sad to know that he didn't get them!  We'll send more. :) 
Let's see, what else...oh, one of the hermanas here (well, not anymore, she left yesterday), Hermana Maxwell, is Neal A. Maxwell's granddaughter. How crazy is that? Darn crazy, that's how crazy it is.
OH. THE BEST THING HAPPENED YESTERDAY. WE GOT PAPA JOHN'S PIZZA. It was rather glorious. Hermana Boza, our teacher, bought it for us because there were only 3 of us, and she really likes us and is amazing. Anyway, it was amazing. It was probably the best day ever in an MTC anywhere.
Today we get to go on a tour of Lima, which includes a stop at Burger King. I am stoked. Also, we get to go to a market, and there's a street there that sells all kinds of fútbol jerseys, so I'll see about picking one up there. Supposedly they're only about $10-15 US dollars, so that's awesome. They might be a bit more than that, but I think it'll be okay.

Yay Jeffrey for being called as second counselor! That's awesome.

Oh, another thing, as a general rule, we've found that Latinos can't really sing. They put a lot of heart into their songs, but they just don't quite get the notes right. That's okay though.

Okay, seconds left! I love you! Keep strong, and keep building your testimony. Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment