Sunday, December 19, 2010

Well...huh.

Sorry about not writing any posts for awhile. I honestly haven't quite known what to write about. Sure, I've gone to the temple twice (once was my first time), and I've had plenty of missionary experiences, but...I don't know. I can't really write about the temple because no words will properly describe the feelings that I had while I was in the temple. The simplest way to describe how I felt would be "happy," but happy doesn't do my feelings nearly enough justice. I guess I could write about how people "slamming" doors in my face while I'm out tracting with the missionaries only makes me want to tract harder and longer, and doesn't dishearten me at all, but that's really about all I have to say about that.

Well, okay, that's not true. I just really don't understand why people are so unreceptive to hearing the Gospel. I mean, I know a lot of the goodness of the Gospel, but I'm still learning. But even still, I know that Lehi was not lying when he said that the fruit of the Tree of Life was "...most sweet, above all that I ever before tasted" (Book of Mormon, 1 Nephi 8:11). I have taken but small nibbles out of the fruit, and yet it does make my soul rejoice and fill with exceeding joy. I just do not understand why someone would turn down the best thing ever. I want to force-feed these people just a spoonful of the knowledge that I have, and I feel like that person would maybe listen at least for a little while. And the people that say they don't have the time...why?? Ah!! Seriously, 5 minutes is too much? "Sorry, we're just about to go out to dinner..." *closes door*. You are seriously so ravenous that you cannot stand to wait another 5 minutes to hear what just might be the most important message of your life?? Wow. It's just frustrating, that's all. Frustrating, but not disheartening. No, not disheartening at all. I know that someday, someone will need to hear what I have to say, and if I work my butt off for two years and only have one person let me in, then I will have succeeded, for, "...if it so be that you should labor all your days crying repentance unto this people, and bring save it be one soul unto me, how great shall be your joy with him in the kingdom of my Father!" (D&C 18:15). My challenge to all of you is to stop and listen this week. If a pair of those nice young men in their white shirts and ties comes knocking on your door, let them in and listen, even if it's just for 5 minutes. Listen with your mind, and listen with your heart. Or even if you just know a Latter-day Saint, ask them to tell you a little bit more about what he/she believes in. I can guarantee you that it won't hurt you to listen, and most of us don't bite (hard, at least). Aaaand I just realized that most of my followers are LDS, but that doesn't matter! Maybe one non-member will see this and take it to heart, and just maybe, that person will get a bit more curious.

Ciao!

2 comments: